Tuesday 23 October 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hello Kylie .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while World Without End by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pass Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baby Pals Konnichiwa Akachan or Build-a-lot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 23 October 2007 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- The Space Shuttle Discovery is successfully launched on mission STS-120.
- A powerful cold front in the Bay of Campeche causes the Usumacinta Jackup rig to collide with Kab 101, leading to the death and drowning of 22 people during rescue operations after evacuation of the rig.
- The death toll from the fires rises to five. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- More than 1,300 houses have been destroyed including 1,000 in San Diego County, California, alone. (CNN)
- Thousands of Venezuelan students clash with riot police and supporters of President Hugo Chávez over proposals to remove term limits from the presidency. (BBC)
- An Argentine court initiates legal proceedings against former president Fernando de la Rúa for failing to prevent the deaths of five protestors during the December 2001 riots at the peak of the 1999-2002 economic crisis. (BBC)
- Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' successfully lifts off from Kennedy Space Center in Florida in the United States. The Shuttle was carrying the STS-120 crew on an assembly mission to the International Space Station, as well as the Harmony module. (NASASpaceflight.com)
- Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev signs a decree dissolving the parliament, moving to strengthen his control after voters overwhelmingly approved constitutional changes in a referendum called by the president. (AP via ''The Moscow Times'')
- Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz rejects demand for probe by foreign experts in recent Karachi suicide bombings.
- The European Court of Justice rules against Germany's ampquotVolkswagen Lawampquot paving the way for Porsche to take over Volkswagen. (AFP via News Limited)
- Carrie Underwood released her sophomore album entitled ampquotCarnival Rideampquot.
- President George W. Bush declares that an ampquotemergency existsampquot in areas of California and authorises the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to coordinate relief. (Reuters)
- Over 1,000,000 people are forced to evacuate in southern California due to the wildfires. (AP)
- The government of Somalia frees Idris Osman, the head of the World Food Programme in Somalia, after six days in detention. (BBC)
- Nike agrees to buy United Kingdom sportswear firm Umbro for £285m. (BBC)
- A United States Government report states that the Department of State is unable to account for much of the $1.2 billion in funding that it gave to DynCorp International to train Iraqi police. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 October 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Norwich : 2 - 1
- Charlton - Plymouth : 1 - 2
- Coventry - Watford : 0 - 3
- Crystal Palace - Stoke : 1 - 3
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Brescia - Mantova : 0 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?