Tuesday 23 October 2007US date format: 10/23/2007, UK date format: 23/10/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hello Kylie .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Bal Ganesh, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while I Am America (and So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gangland.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akatsuki Blitzkampf or Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Burning Earth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 23 October 2007 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- The Space Shuttle Discovery is successfully launched on mission STS-120.
- A powerful cold front in the Bay of Campeche causes the Usumacinta Jackup rig to collide with Kab 101, leading to the death and drowning of 22 people during rescue operations after evacuation of the rig.
- The death toll from the fires rises to five. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- More than 1,300 houses have been destroyed including 1,000 in San Diego County, California, alone. (CNN)
- Thousands of Venezuelan students clash with riot police and supporters of President Hugo Chávez over proposals to remove term limits from the presidency. (BBC)
- An Argentine court initiates legal proceedings against former president Fernando de la Rúa for failing to prevent the deaths of five protestors during the December 2001 riots at the peak of the 1999-2002 economic crisis. (BBC)
- Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' successfully lifts off from Kennedy Space Center in Florida in the United States. The Shuttle was carrying the STS-120 crew on an assembly mission to the International Space Station, as well as the Harmony module. (NASASpaceflight.com)
- Kyrgyz President Kurmanbek Bakiyev signs a decree dissolving the parliament, moving to strengthen his control after voters overwhelmingly approved constitutional changes in a referendum called by the president. (AP via ''The Moscow Times'')
- Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz rejects demand for probe by foreign experts in recent Karachi suicide bombings.
- The European Court of Justice rules against Germany's ampquotVolkswagen Lawampquot paving the way for Porsche to take over Volkswagen. (AFP via News Limited)
- Carrie Underwood released her sophomore album entitled ampquotCarnival Rideampquot.
- President George W. Bush declares that an ampquotemergency existsampquot in areas of California and authorises the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to coordinate relief. (Reuters)
- Over 1,000,000 people are forced to evacuate in southern California due to the wildfires. (AP)
- The government of Somalia frees Idris Osman, the head of the World Food Programme in Somalia, after six days in detention. (BBC)
- Nike agrees to buy United Kingdom sportswear firm Umbro for £285m. (BBC)
- A United States Government report states that the Department of State is unable to account for much of the $1.2 billion in funding that it gave to DynCorp International to train Iraqi police. (CNN)
Sport Games on 23 October 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Norwich : 2 - 1
- Charlton - Plymouth : 1 - 2
- Coventry - Watford : 0 - 3
- Crystal Palace - Stoke : 1 - 3
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Brescia - Mantova : 0 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - No One
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Kanye West Featuring T-Pain - Good Life
- Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown Featuring T-Pain
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Duffle Bag Boy - Playaz Circle Featuring Lil Wayne
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- When I See U - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sugababes - About You Now
- Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
- Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- No U Hang Up / If That's Ok With You - Shayne Ward
- 50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Although Bear Stearns investors want to see the firm increase its international exposure, there is uncertainty as to whether the Citic deal will contribute to earnings. [..]
The company also benefited from Apple’s strong sales of the iPhone, for which AT&T is the sole carrier. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.61
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $126.99
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.45
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $51.78
- 1 CAD = 1.2143 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0527 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8665 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4047 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?