Wednesday 17 October 2007US date format: 10/17/2007, UK date format: 17/10/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Jab We Met, directed by Imtiaz Ali, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Shoot Him If He Runs by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Moonlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlackSite: Area 51 or Bleach: Dark Souls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 October 2007 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 October
- French public transport workers hold a 24-hour strike protesting at changes to pensions. (BBC via ABC News Australia)
- John Fahey, former Premier of New South Wales, is appointed as the President of the World Anti-Doping Agency. (Herald Sun)
- The Dalai Lama is awarded the Congressional Gold Medal by the United States Congress the decision is defended by George W. Bush.
- Burmese activist and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi is granted honorary citizenship by Canada. (Globe and Mail)
- 2007 Turkish offensive on Iraqi territories against Kurdish rebels: The Turkish Grand National Assembly approves a government request for their troops to cross the Iraqi border to attack Kurdish rebels. (Sky News)
- The President of Sudan Omar Hassan al-Bashir approves a Cabinet reshuffle meeting one of the demands of the Sudan People's Liberation Movement (SPLM) who had earlier withdrawn participation in the government. (Reuters)
- Trading on the Bombay Stock Exchange's BSE Sensex is briefly suspended after a 9% decline in the market. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI announces he will create twenty-three new members of the College of Cardinals in the consistory of November 24. (ZENIT)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Alicia Keys - No One
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Kanye West Featuring T-Pain - Good Life
- Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown Featuring T-Pain
- Duffle Bag Boy - Playaz Circle Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Juanes - Me Enamora
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Estos Celos - Vicente Fernandez
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Basto - Intocable
- La Travesia - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Solo Dime Que Si - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sugababes - About You Now
- Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
- Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- No U Hang Up / If That's Ok With You - Shayne Ward
- 50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The vice chairman of Citic Group confirmed the bank’s intention to bid but said there had not been any “material progress” in its talks with Bear. [..]
A former Dow Chemical executive sued JPMorgan, contending that the bank deceived Dow by not disclosing its role in unauthorized buyout discussions. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.67
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $118.58
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $80.08
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $52.38
- 1 CAD = 1.2106 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0511 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8679 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4068 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?