Thursday 4 October 2007US date format: 10/4/2007, UK date format: 4/10/2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 4, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Home of the Giants, directed by Rusty Gorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Moonlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alice in the Country of Hearts or Arctic Tale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 October 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 October
- Qassem Al-Nasser: Jordanian General (Born 1925).
- Russia celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of the launch of Sputnik 1, which marked the start of the Space Race. (BBC)
- A rescue operation begins for 3,200 gold miners trapped in Elandsrand, South Africa. All of the miners are eventually rescued leading to wild celebrations. (AFP via News Limited) (SABC News) (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- United States Republican Party Senator Pete Domenici of New Mexico announces that he will retire at the end of his current term due to a degenerative brain disease. (AP via Google News)
- The Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper chooses Mark Carney to succeed David Dodge as governor of the Bank of Canada. (Bloomberg)
- The recording industry wins a key victory with a court in the U.S. state of Minnesota finding that a woman was liable for damages of $220,000 for sharing copyrighted music online through Kazaa. (USA Today)
- Family members of deceased ''de facto'' president of Chile Augusto Pinochet are arrested in Santiago on charges of embezzlement. (BBC)
- Republican Party Senator Larry Craig from Idaho vows to serve out his term in the United States Senate despite losing a court bid to rescind a guilty plea for an indecent act in a Minneapolis Airport men's room. (AP via the Guardian)
- India asks neighboring Myanmar to free Aung San Suu Kyi. (Times of India)
- Bangladesh Supreme Court denies bail to former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia in a corruption and extortion case against her.
- An Africa One Antonov An-26 cargo plane crashes into a residential area in Kinshasa, DR Congo. (Sky News)
- North Korea and South Korea agree to seek talks with the People's Republic of China and the United States to reach a permanent peace agreement to formally end the Korean War. (Reuters)
- Malcolm Turnbull, the Australian Federal Environment Minister, approves the Gunns Tamar Valley Pulp Mill but with an extensive list of conditions. (News Limited)
- A court case to challenge the overthrow of Laisenia Qarase's government of Fiji opens in Suva. (Radio New Zealand)
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Alicia Keys - No One
- Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce - Until The End Of Time
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- 50 Cent - I Get Money
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sugababes - About You Now
- Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
- Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- No U Hang Up / If That's Ok With You - Shayne Ward
- 50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
In an interview, Bill Gates expressed surprise that the music industry had failed to turn digital music into a big moneymaker. [..]
Cadbury Schweppes, the soft drink and candy maker, plans to move some of its chocolate production to Poland from Britain, eliminating 700 jobs. A plant at Keynsham in southwestern England is scheduled to close by 2010, affecting 500 workers, the c... [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.51
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $111.71
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.60
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $50.41
- 1 CAD = 1.1783 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0426 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8844 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3939 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?