Wednesday 24 October 2007US date format: 10/24/2007, UK date format: 24/10/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Bal Ganesh, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Bridge Of Sighs by Richard Russo was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gangland.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond Life or 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 October 2007 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 October
- Merrill Lynch publishes its third quarter financial results, including a US$8.4 billion write-down resulting from bad mortgage loans. This is the company's first quarterly loss in six years.
- The inaugural Caesars Palace Classic poker tournament is won by David Singer, winning US$1 million.
- Comet 17P/Holmes grows significantly brighter overnight, going from magnitude 17 to magnitude 3 in just a few hours, while in the constellation of Perseus. (USA Today)
- The Bank of America announces that it will lay off 3,000 staff following an announcement of a significant decline in earnings in the third quarter. (NYT)
- A storm in the Gulf of Mexico kills 18 Mexican oil workers fleeing an oil rig, with Navy rescue teams trying to reach survivors. (BBC)
- Moderating winds improve the outlook in the fight against the California wildfires of October 2007. (CNN)
- Richard J. Griffin resigns as head of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security in the United States State Department following the Blackwater shooting in Iraq. (AP via CNN)
- The United Kingdom announces a unilateral end to the Common Travel Area with the Republic of Ireland. From 2009, passports will be required for the first time, bringing to an end centuries of unimpeded travel between the two countries. (Irish Times)
- Turkey-PKK conflict
- Reuters reports that Turkish forces launched an attack on Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) positions in northern Iraq earlier in the week killing 34 PKK fighters. (Reuters)
- The Pakistan Peoples Party claims that its leader, former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto, has been forbidden to leave the country. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Denmark Anders Fogh Rasmussen calls early elections for 13 November 2007, less than three years after the last elections in early 2005. (ABC)
Sport Games on 24 October 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Bristol City - Southampton : 2 - 1
- Cardiff - Wolves : 2 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - No One
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Kanye West Featuring T-Pain - Good Life
- Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown Featuring T-Pain
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Duffle Bag Boy - Playaz Circle Featuring Lil Wayne
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- When I See U - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sugababes - About You Now
- Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
- Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- No U Hang Up / If That's Ok With You - Shayne Ward
- 50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
What many entrepreneurs lack in the appearance of sophistication is more than made up for by street smarts and bulldog tenacity. [..]
In China, where coal is king, the government’s push to increase the use of alternative energies faces obstacles, from bureaucracy to bottlenecks in manufacturing. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.87
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $128.97
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.81
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $51.69
- 1 CAD = 1.2097 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0579 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8741 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4012 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?