Monday 22 October 2007US date format: 10/22/2007, UK date format: 22/10/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 22, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Bal Ganesh, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Gift by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gangland.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol or Spider-Man 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 October 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 22 October 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 October
- Eve Curie: French writer (Born 1904).
- California wildfires of October 2007:: At least a dozen wildfires burning throughout Southern California force the evacuations of more than 250,000 residents. (LA Times)The Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger orders the deployment of 1500 California National Guard members to help fight the fires. (Agence France Press via News Limited)More than 600 homes are destroyed in the fires. (AFP, AP via Sydney Morning Herald)
- Mexico and the USA agree on a plan for the US to pay US$1.4 billion in aid over three years for Mexico to fight drug traffickers.
- Raid on Anuradhapura Air Force Base is carried out by 21 Tamil Tiger commandos. All except one died in this attack. Eight Sri Lankan Air Force planes are destroyed and 10 damaged.
- France and Morocco agree to a deal to build a high-speed rail link between Tangiers and Marrakech. (BBC)
- The Kurdistan Workers Party declares a unilateral ceasefire following an attack on Turkish forces. (CNN)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush asks the United States Congress for $189.3 billion to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (Reuters via ABC)
- Al-Jazeera broadcasts an audiotape purporting to be from Osama bin Laden calling on Al-Qaeda in Iraq and other Sunni militants to unite forces. (CNN)
- An investigation concludes pilot error caused the crash of Garuda Indonesia Flight 200 on March 7, killing 21 people. (See report)
- At least a dozen wildfires burning throughout Southern California force the evacuations of more than 250,000 residents. (LA Times)
- The Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger orders the deployment of 1500 California National Guard members to help fight the fires. (Agence France Press via News Limited)
- More than 600 homes are destroyed in the fires. (AFP, AP via Sydney Morning Herald)
- Joaquim Chissano wins the inaugural Prize for Achievement in African Leadership for ampquothis role in leading Mozambique from conflict to peace and democracy.ampquot (BBC)
- Georgia and Slovakia offer to send troops to support the Australian/Dutch taskforce in the south of the Afghanistan as the Dutch government is under pressure to reduce troops. (The Age)
- The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) demands general elections in Pakistan in two months time.
- Voters in Fakaofo go to the polls for the Tokelauan self-determination referendum. (AFP via Herald Sun)
- The United States dollar reaches a new record low against the euro, which is traded at $1.4348. (BBC)
- The 2007 Kyrgyzstani constitutional referendum is approved by about 75% of voters. President of Kyrgyzstan Kurmanbek Bakiyev dissolves the parliament and announces a snap legislative election will take place in December 2007, which he will contest with his newly founded party Ak Zhol. (BBC)
- At least 25 killed when Tamil Tiger fighters attack a Sri Lankan air force base in the Anuradhapura district with heavy fighting reported. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Four new members join the Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China, China's ''de facto'' top power organ. They are Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang, He Guoqiang and Zhou Yongkang. President Hu Jintao and Premier Wen Jiabao retain their seats. (BBC)
Sport Games on 22 October 2007
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- M'gladbach - FC Koln : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Havre - Amiens : 2 - 2
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Hull - Barnsley : 3 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Newcastle - Tottenham : 3 - 1
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - No One
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Kanye West Featuring T-Pain - Good Life
- Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown Featuring T-Pain
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Duffle Bag Boy - Playaz Circle Featuring Lil Wayne
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- When I See U - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sugababes - About You Now
- Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
- Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- No U Hang Up / If That's Ok With You - Shayne Ward
- 50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Most Americans have not stopped buying Chinese-made goods despite recent reports of unsafe food, toys and other products made in China, a New York Times/CBS News poll shows. [..]
A tally of available results indicated that about 53 percent of U.A.W. members have voted in favor of the deal so far, with 47 percent voting against. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.97
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $120.50
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.49
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $50.83
- 1 CAD = 1.2041 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0445 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8671 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3922 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?