Monday 9 March 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Aino] Elina Salo and Mickey Gilley in Ferriday.
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1936 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- [Aino] Elina Salo: Sipoo, Finland -- Actress (Hamlet Goes Business).
- Mickey Gilley in Ferriday: Louisiana, USA; country singer ("Urban Cowboy").
- Marty Ingels in Brooklyn: New York, USA; comedian (I'm Dickens He's Fenster).
- Gisele Oudart: Belgian comedienne.
- Mickey Gilley: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Babe Ruth turns down Cincinnati Reds to make a comeback as a baseball player.
- Pro-democratic militarist Keisuke Okada steps down as Prime Minister of Japan and is replaced by radical militarist Koki Hirota.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?