Wednesday 9 January 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergei Parajanov and Michel Jacques.
Wild Oranges, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1924 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Sergei Parajanov: Georgian-Armenian director and screenwriter (d. 1990).
- Jean-Paul Binet: French biologist and pediatric surgeon, specializing in pulmonary and cardiac surgery for children.
- Michel Jacques: France sport Champion.
- Jean Van Der Auwera: France sport Champion.
- Anne Vernon: France Actor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rememb'ring - Paul Ash & His Granada Orchestra
- I Love You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old-Fashioned Love - Frank Crumit