Monday 9 June 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Heatly and Christine Goitschel.
The Runaway, directed by Nick DeRuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1924 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Christine Goitschel: France -- Slalom (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Peter Heatly: CEO (Commonwealth Games Federation).
- Ed Farhat (''The Sheik''): American professional wrestler (d. 2003).
- Herbert Pohle: Germany Actor.
- Tony Britton: Birmingham, England -- Actor (Day of Jackal, Girl in my Soup).
- Ed Farhat: American wrestler and manager (d. 2003).
- Jelly-Roll Blues, is recorded by blues great, Jelly Roll Morton