Sunday 9 November 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Buz Myers and Tom Fogerty.
They Died with Their Boots On, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1941!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1941 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Buz Myers: American astrologer, lecturer, counselor and partner in RKM Enterprises, an active tape club, who participates in conferences in the Cleveland area and is a member of the AFAN steering committee.
- Tom Fogerty: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Creedence Clearwater Revival and Ruby) (d. 1990).
- David Constant: English cricketer and umpire.