Sunday 9 November 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René la Canne and Kathleen Cabot.
Hawthorne of the U.S.A., directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1919!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1919 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- René la Canne
- Kathleen Cabot: British noted family, wife of actor sebastian cabot, married once, three children.
- René Girier: French gangster, known as 'René la Canne.
- Eduard Muller: member of the Swiss Federal Council (Born 1848).
- Felix the Cat appears in Feline Follies, marking the first cartoon character to become popular.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Yearning
- Dear Heart - John Steel