Friday 9 November 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Mitchell and Kathy Negrin.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1900!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1900 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When You Were Sweet Sixteen - George J. Gaskin
- I Can't Tell Why I Love You, But I Do - Harry Macdonough