Friday 9 November 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hetty de Boer-Jongkind and Lou Ferrigno in Brooklyn.
Laughter in Paradise, directed by Mario Zampi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dagmar's Canteen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1951 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Hetty de Boer-Jongkind: Founder (Vakvereniging Medical Astrology).
- Lou Ferrigno in Brooklyn: New York, USA; body builder/actor (The Incredible Hulk).
- Hetty De Boer-Jongkind: Dutch astrologer, founder of the first four-year vocational school, "Asclepios" for medical astrology in Amsterdam, and in 1990 the "Vakvereniging voor Medische Astrologie" (VMA) with its magazine.
- Lou Ferrigno: American actor and bodybuilder.
- Bill Mantlo: American lawyer and author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?