Thursday 15 November 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beverly d'Angelo and Judith Chapman.
Another Man's Poison, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Washington Confidential by Jack Lait and Lee Mortimer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Kate Smith Evening Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1951 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Beverly d'Angelo
- Judith Chapman
- Dave Zelmon: Rocker.
- Beverly D'Angelo: American actress best known for playing "Ellen Griswold" in the National Lampoon "Vacation" series.
- Billy McColl: Scottish-English actor (d. 2014).
- Joe Puerta: American singer and bass player (Ambrosia).
- New York Yankee Gil McDougald wins AL Rookie of Year
- Greek resistance leader Nikos Beloyannis, along with 11 resistance members, is sentenced to death by the court-martial.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?