Saturday 24 November 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gaby Landhage in Goteborg and Steve Smith.
Scrooge, directed by Brian Desmond-Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Dinah Shore Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1951 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Gaby Landhage in Goteborg: Sweden; model (Model of the Rear).
- Steve Smith: Long Beach sports Champions.
- Mimis Androulakis: Greek author and politician.
- Chet Edwards: American businessman and politician.
- Margaret Mountford: Irish lawyer and businesswoman.
- Graham Price: Egyptian-Welsh rugby player
- 17 closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 180 performances
- Music in the Air closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 56 performances
- 39th CFL Grey Cup: Ottawa Rough Riders defeats Saskatchewan, 21-14
- British auto manufacturers Austin / Moris Motors merge
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?