Friday 10 August 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Crevel and Henri Ey.
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while The Reign of Law by James Lane Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1900 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- René Crevel: French writer, a dada playwright, openly gay.
- Henri Ey: French psychiatrist, psychoanalyst and philosopher.
- Jean Mantelet: French entrepreneur, a manufacturer of kitchen and household appliances.
- Norma Shearer: Canadian-American actress, the recipient of a Best Actress Oscar for her role in "The Divorcee.
- Rene Crevel: France Writer.
- Arthur Porritt: Baron Porritt New Zealand physician and politician 11th Governor-General of New Zealand (d. 1994)
- 1st Davis Cup: USA beats British Isles in Boston (3-0)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Tiger Lily - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?