Friday August 10, 1900
US date format: 8/10/1900, UK date format: 10/8/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 10, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include René Crevel and Jean Mantelet.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 10, 1900?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- See more
- 1st Davis Cup: USA beats British Isles in Boston (3-0)