Sunday 10 August 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sacha Vierny and Elizabeth Thomas.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Sacha Vierny: French cinematographer recognized for his collaborations with Alain Resnais and Chris Marker, notably the film "Last Year at Marienbad," 1961.
- Elizabeth Thomas: Literary consultant.
- James Galloway: Lake Toxaway Military man.
- Ukrainian National Army massacres 25 Jews in Podolia Ukraine
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Al Jolson
- Spirt of Independence March - Conway's Band