Thursday 10 July 1947US date format: 7/10/1947, UK date format: 10/7/1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 10, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Arlo Guthrie and Jackie Lane.
Crossfire, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Musical Merry-Go-Round.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1947 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Arlo Guthrie: American singer, songwriter,...
- Jackie Lane
- O. J. Simpson: Athlete.
- John Trevor Key: Photographer.
- Cleveland Indians' Don Black no-hits Philadelphia Athletics, 3-0.
- 200 die when train derails and falls into a river in Canton, China.
- Princess Elizabeth announces her engagement to Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten.