Tuesday 10 August 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Burning Bright, directed by Carlos Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Glass Rainbow by James Lee Burke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Offspring.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chu's Dynasty or Dead Rising 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 August 2010 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 August
- Adam Stansfield: Professional footballer who played for Exeter City F.C.
- A 1957 DeHavilland DHC-3T float plane crashes near a remote fishing village in Alaska, killing former U.S. Republican senator Ted Stevens at age 86 and four others.
- The World Health Organization declares the H1N1 influenza pandemic over, saying worldwide flu activity has returned to typical seasonal patterns.
- A United States military judge at Guantánamo Bay rules that confessions allegedly forced via torture from Omar Khadr, a Canadian citizen they accuse of terrorism after his 2002 capture at the age of 15, count as evidence in his trial. (''The Independent'')
- Defense Minister of Israel Ehud Barak testifies before Israel's Turkel Commission investigating the country's role in May's Gaza flotilla raid, chaired by Israeli judge Jacob Turkel. His prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu yesterday testified that he had left Barak to ampquotco-ordinateampquot the raid and response ampquotin all of its aspectsampquot while he visited North America. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The United States and Vietnam celebrate the 15th anniversary of diplomatic relations by conducting what the United States describes as a ampquotseries of naval engagement activitiesampquot in the South China Sea, risking a disagreement with China. (''China Daily'')
- War in Afghanistan
- The United Nations releases a report highlighting the deaths of civilians in Afghanistan. (BBC)
- Two people are killed in a suicide attack on a guesthouse used by foreign security company in Kabul. (Voice of America)
- A much-publicised project backed by Spain's government sells just 16 of the 2,000 electric cars it had intended so far in 2010. (''BusinessWeek'')
- The Niger River bursts its banks forcing 5,000 people to lose their homes and crops. (BBC)
- A 7.6 magnitude earthquake and small tsunami hits the Pacific Ocean nation of Vanuatu. (INO)
- The United States defends its decision to appoint as Venezuelan ambassador Larry Palmer, who has expressed negative views of the country in the past, including insinuating that it has ties with Colombian rebels. (Aljazeera)
- The Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan apologises to South Korea for colonising the Korean peninsula for three decades in the early 1900s and promises to return cultural relics in the near future. (AP)
- The Israel Defense Forces arrest three wanted Palestinians during an operation in Tulkarm and Nablus in the West Bank. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation rules same-sex marriages in Mexico City have to be recognised across Mexico. (BBC)
- Saudi Arabia permits the use of Blackberry devices for now, having previously considering banning them as they were unable to intercept and decrypt communications on that platform. (BBC)
- Guatemala issues arrest warrants for 18 former senior officials and policemen who killed 7 prisoners in 2006. (BBC)
- Morocco is to close 1,250 mosques deemed to be unsafe following the collapse of a minaret at the Bab Berdieyinne Mosque in February. (AFP)
- A policy proposal by Google and Verizon regarding the way internet service is regulated comes under criticism from groups promoting net neutrality. (''New York Times'')
- The President of the United States Barack Obama signs a $26 billion bill to help struggling states to meet budgets. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Federal Reserve on Tuesday will face a key decision: whether to drop the idea that the economy is improving. [..]
The Federal Reserve will meet on Tuesday faced with a pivotal decision about whether to abandon its presumption that the economy is gradually picking up steam and begin to consider new steps to keep the recovery from sputtering out. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.59
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $77.36
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.82
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.85
- 1 CHF = 6.4642 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5746 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0169 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.19 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?