Thursday September 10, 2009
US date format: 9/10/2009, UK date format: 10/9/2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see zodiac on September 10, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Zombieland, directed by Ruben Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Liberty And Tyranny by Mark R. Levin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Fair Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beaterator or Ball Fighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 10, 2009?
- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown apologises for the post-war treatment of celebrated WWII code-breaker Alan Turing, who was chemically castrated for having homosexual relations. (Downing St) (CBC) (Reuters India) (The New York Times) (The Daily Telegraph)
- Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi says he will demand a permanent place in the United Nations Security Council for Africa and compensation worth 777 trillion dollars for years of colonialism in New York later this month. (IOL)
- A Hong Kong court convicts Du Jun, a former senior banker at Morgan Stanley, in the country's largest insider trading case. (BBC)
- Gabon bars opposition leaders from leaving the country following recent riots over claims of fraud in the 2009 presidential election. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 10, 2009?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Maxwell - Pretty Wings
- Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett - Break Up
- Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne - Successful
- Ginuwine - Last Chance
- Fabolous Featuring The-Dream - Throw It In The Bag
Top #5 Rock songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $70.83
- Apple AAPL: opens at $172.06
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $24.80
- General Electric GE: opens at $14.92
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $116.99
- 1 USD = 91.76 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0773 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0386 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8301 CNY
- 1 EUR = 133.78 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 10, 2009?
On September 10, 2009 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is September 10, 2009?
On September 10, 2009 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on September 10, 2009?
On September 10, 2009 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 10, 2009?
On September 10, 2009 the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour).
Who was the Pope on September 10, 2009?
On September 10, 2009 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.