Thursday 10 September 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hot Mess.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 17: Sirius or Lego Rock Band.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 10 September 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 September
- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown apologises for the post-war treatment of celebrated WWII code-breaker Alan Turing, who was chemically castrated for having homosexual relations. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi says he will demand a permanent place in the United Nations Security Council for Africa and compensation worth 777 trillion dollars for years of colonialism in New York later this month. (IOL)
- A Hong Kong court convicts Du Jun, a former senior banker at Morgan Stanley, in the country's largest insider trading case. (BBC)
- Gabon bars opposition leaders from leaving the country following recent riots over claims of fraud in the 2009 presidential election. (BBC)
- Dubai's Metro System, the first mass transit system of the Arabian Peninsula, officially opens to the public as its first metro line is partially operational. (Al Bawaba)
- Prime Minister-designate Saad Hariri steps aside in Lebanon. (Xinhua)
- At least five girls are killed and 30 other students injured in a stampede at a state-run school in the Indian capital, New Delhi. (RTÉ)
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez recognizes Abkhazia and South Ossetia during a visit to Russia. (Reuters)
- Afghan journalists express anger over the killing of local reporter Sultan Munadi during a rescue operation that saved his colleague Stephen Farrell. (RTÉ)
- British consul John Terry is murdered in Jamaica. (''Times Online'')
- Greek militant group Revolutionary Struggle threatens to attack the ampquotgolden boysampquot it blames for the economic crisis as it claims responsibility for the Athens stock market bombing. (RTÉ)
- In football, Germany beat England 6–2 in the UEFA Women's Euro 2009 final, claiming their seventh European title. (BBC)
- A boat with over 250 people on board capsizes in a storm off the coast of Sierra Leone, killing at least 8. (Al Jazeera)
- Supporters of the traditional Kabaka of Buganda, Muwenda Mutebi II, riot in the Ugandan capital Kampala after a move by the government to prevent him from visiting a local area, resulting in several deaths. (Press TV)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?