Thursday 10 June 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brock Butler .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Knight and Day, directed by James Mangold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disney Sing It: Party Hits or Doodle God.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 June 2010 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Metropolitan Basil Schott: Archbishop of the Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh (Born 1939).
- War in Afghanistan:
- Taliban militants execute a 7-year-old boy for ampquotspying for the governmentampquot in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan, in an increasing wave of killings. (''The New York Times'')
- David Cameron, on his first visit to Afghanistan, and Hamid Karzai issue a joint condemnation of a recent suicide attack on a wedding, labelling it ampquota crime of massive inhuman proportionsampquot. (Aljazeera)
- Soweto hosts an opening concert ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, attended by tens of thousands of people and featuring appearances from international figures such as Desmond Tutu, Hugh Masekela, Amadou Mariam, Shakira, Juanes, Black Eyed Peas and Alicia Keys. (''USA Today'')
- 15 large storage boxes containing manuscripts, notebooks and letters belonging to J. G. Ballard are acquired by the British Library. (''The Independent'')
- Gulf of Mexico oil spill:
- The Obama administration announces that BP will speed up claims payments stemming from the massive Gulf oil spill, to fishermen, property owners and businesspeople who have filed damage claims and are complaining of delays, excessive paperwork and inadequate compensation. (AP)
- British Prime Minister David Cameron offers to help the US deal with the oil as clean-up costs mount and BP shares slide to their lowest levels in 13 years. (BBC)
- A group of German Jews prepare to send a ship with humanitarian aid to the blockaded Gaza Strip. (AFP)
- Russia announces plans to sell Iran S-300 ground-to-air missiles, stating that the new United Nations sanctions do not cover stationary air defense weaponry. (Ynetnews)
- Seven former British soldiers join 98 American soldiers to sue American defence firm KBR, who they say exposed them to dangerous levels of toxic chemicals in Iraq. (BBC)
- Former president of Taiwan Chen Shui-bian's life sentence is cut to twenty years in prison. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Vujadin Popović and Ljubiša Beara, former high-ranking officers of the Bosnian Serb army, are found guilty of genocide and sentenced to life imprisonment for their roles in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, the harshest judgment ever delivered by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia. (Al Jazeera)
- Miloš Simović is arrested in a forest near Belgrade while attempting to cross into Croatia. He was convicted in absentia of the assassination of Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Đinđić in 2003. (''Miami Herald'')
- Max Goeldi, the Swiss businessman at the centre of a long-running diplomatic row between Libya and Switzerland, is released from prison in Tripoli. (France24)
- Kenyan police hunt for an alleged cult leader who instructed a serial killer to take up a killing spree. (IOL)
- The Palestinian Authority (PA) indefinitely postpones local elections scheduled for July 17: no reason is provided. (Aljazeera)
- Ireland's Labour Party tops an opinion poll, the first time in the country's history that this has occurred and an event which would ampquotradically alterampquot Irish politics in a general election. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- The first solar sail is unfurled by Japanese space organization JAXA. (inhabitat)
- South Korea's space agency, KARI, loses contact with a Naro-1 rocket carrying the STSAT-2B satellite, 132 seconds after launch. Officials believe the rocket exploded. (Yonhap)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Everything To Me - Monica
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Gitana - Shakira
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Phoenix - 1901
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The flat-screen TV was a stunning advance, but now there are new features to consider, like 3-D and LED-lit liquid-crystal displays. [..]
Business leaders urged the British government to defend BP against political pressure from Washington, where lawmakers have called on the oil company to suspend its dividend. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $33.15
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $70.54
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.53
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.02
- 1 CHF = 5.9754 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.625 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.1085 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.796 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?