Friday 10 November 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 10, 1944). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Rice and Andy Leslie.
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 November 1944
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1944 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Tim Rice: American-British impresario, a former Disc Jockey who teamed up with Andrew Lloyd-Webber to help create some of the most famous musicals ever written such as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," 1968, "Jesus Christ superstar," 1970 and "Evita," 1978.
- Andy Leslie: New Zealand rugby player who formerly represented his county in water polo at colts level and softball in 1966.
- Askar Akayev: Kyrgyzstani economist and politician 1st President of Kyrgyzstan.
- Sir Tim Rice: English lyricist.
- Silvestre Reyes: American sergeant and politician.
- German riots in Rotterdam / Schiedam 52,000 men sent to Germany
- US 9th Army takes Margraten cemetery
- The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus, Admiralty Islands, killing at least 432 and wounding 371.