Friday 10 November 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Tim Rice and Dave Loggins.
Dead or Alive, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1944 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Sir Tim Rice: English lyricist.
- Dave Loggins: singer ("Please Come to Boston").
- Andy Leslie: New Zealand rugby player who formerly represented his county in water polo at colts level and softball in 1966.
- Tim Rice: American-British impresario, a former Disc Jockey who teamed up with Andrew Lloyd-Webber to help create some of the most famous musicals ever written such as "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," 1968, "Jesus Christ superstar," 1970 and "Evita," 1978.
- Askar Akayev: Kyrgyzstani economist and politician 1st President of Kyrgyzstan.
- Mark Neely: Jr. American historian author and academic
- Silvestre Reyes: American sergeant and politician
- German riots in Rotterdam / Schiedam 52,000 men sent to Germany
- US 9th Army takes Margraten cemetery
- The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus, Admiralty Islands, killing at least 432 and wounding 371.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dance with a Dolly (With a Hole in Her Stocking) - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - I'm Making Believe
- How Many Hearts Have You Broken? - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?