Thursday 23 November 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Torikens and Steve Rosenbloom.
The Thin Man Goes Home, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1944 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Jose Torikens: Dutch journalist (Parool, NRC).
- Steve Rosenbloom: American football manager and noted family, the son of Carroll Rosenbloom, owner of the Baltimore Colts, and in 1972, the Los Angeles Rams.
- Joe Eszterhas: Hungarian-born American producer and screenwriter.
- Peter Lindbergh: German-French photographer and director.
- James Toback: American actor director and screenwriter.
- US 7th army under General Patch conquers Straatsburg
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?