Saturday 10 November 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Fargo and Terence Davies.
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Black Rose by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1945!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 November 1945 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Donna Fargo: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Terence Davies: English actor director and screenwriter.
- Donna Fargo in North Carolina: USA; country singer ("Happiest Girl in Whole USA").
- Gary Plauche: American murderer (d. 2014).
- Are You with It? opens at Century Theater NYC for 264 performances
- Nazi concentration camp at Buchenwald liberated by US
- General Enver Hoxha becomes leader of Albania.
- Heavy fighting in Surabaya between Indonesian nationalists and returning colonialists after World War II, is celebrated as Heroes' Day (Hari Pahlawan).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- No Can Do - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Don't Forget Tonight Tomorrow - Frank Sinatra
- Peggy Lee - Waitin' for the Train to Come In
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?