Thursday 30 November 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dian Parkinson [Dianna Lynn Batts] and Rob Grill.
House of Frankenstein, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1944 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Dian Parkinson [Dianna Lynn Batts]: Camp LeJune, North Carolina -- Miss USA (1965).
- Rob Grill: Los Angeles, California -- Rock bassist / vocalist (Grass Roots).
- Christian Hauvette: French architect who won the Grand prix national de l'architecture in 1991.
- Armando Verdiglione: Italian founder of a spiritual foundation who solicited money for his cause until he was indicted as a fraud.
- George Graham: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Dian Parkinson: American model and actress Miss District of Columbia USA 1965
- Max Halbe: Writer, dies at 79.
- Biggest and last British Battleship HMS Vanguard runs aground
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?