Wednesday 10 October 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Hemingway and Murray Walker.
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1923 ?
- Jack Hemingway: American noted family, the son of Ernest Hemingway and his wife, Hadley Richardson, who married on 8/03/1921.
- Murray Walker: English journalist and sportscaster.
- Fats Heard: American jazz musician, drummer.
- Louis Gottlieb: American singer and bass player (The Limeliters) (d. 1996).
- Nicholas Parsons: English actor and game show host.
- Saxony gets Social Democratic and Communist coalition government
- New York Giants and New York Yankees become first teams to play each other for three consecutive World Series, also first played at Yankee Stadium (World Series #20).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! Gee, Oh! Gosh, Oh! Golly, I'm in Love - Eddie Cantor
- Tell Me a Story - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?