Saturday 6 October 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nanna Ditzel and Glynis Johns.
Dance or Die, directed by Ronald W. Munchkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1923 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Nanna Ditzel
- Glynis Johns: Actress.
- Mauricio Gonzalez de la Garza: Mexican writer, journalist and composer.
- Yaşar Kemal: Turkish journalist and author (d. 2015).
- 1st NL unassisted triple play (Ernie Padgett, Braves against Phillies)
- 2nd government of Stresemann in Germany forms
- US lt Al Williams fly 392.2 km/h (record)
- USSR adopts experimental calendar
- The great powers of World War I withdraw from Istanbul
- Ankara replaces Constantinople as the capital of Turkey.
- The third hurricane of the season, the first recorded example of a storm crossing from the Eastern Pacific basin into the Atlantic basin, occurred in Oaxaca.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! Gee, Oh! Gosh, Oh! Golly, I'm in Love - Eddie Cantor
- Tell Me a Story - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra