Sunday 7 October 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Irma Grese and Břetislav Pojar.
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1923 ?
- Irma Grese: German concentration camp supervisor (Born 1923).
- Břetislav Pojar: Czech animator and director (d. 2012).
- Jean-Paul Riopelle: Quebecois member of Les Automatistes (d. 2002).
- Yankees Everett Scott runs his consecutive-game streak to 1,138
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! Gee, Oh! Gosh, Oh! Golly, I'm in Love - Eddie Cantor
- Tell Me a Story - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?