Friday 10 October 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ludmilla Tchérina and James Clavell.
Black Magic, directed by Ho Meng-hua, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1924 ?
- Ludmilla Tchérina: French actress ballerina and choreographer (d. 2004).
- James Clavell: Australian-American writer, the best-selling author of "Tai-Pan" and "Noble House," richly detailed long historical adventure epics set in Asia.
- Bryce Poe II
- Evelyne Sullerot: French feminist, awarded Commandeur de la Légion d'honneur and Grand-Officier de l'ordre national du Mérite.
- Ed Wood: American actor director producer screenwriter (d. 1978).
- Ludmila Tcherina: French prima ballerina, sculptor, actress, painter, choreographer and author of two novels.
- Bryce Poe: American military, United States Air Force four-star general who served as Commander, Air Force Logistics Command from 1978 to 1981.
- Ludmilla Tcherina: French actress / ballet dancer (Sins of Rome).
- Ibn Saud of Nedzhed captures Mecca
- Washington Senators win their first World Series beating New York Giants in 7 (World Series #21).
- The Alpha Delta Gamma Fraternity is founded at the Lake Shore Campus of Loyola University, Chicago.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pale Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Van & Schenck - I Wonder What's Become of Sally