Monday 15 October 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Italo Calvino and Pierre Pellerin.
Cameo Kirby, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 October 1923 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Italo Calvino: Italian noted writer who dominated the literary scene after the war.
- Pierre Pellerin
- Vittorio De Seta: Italian cinema director and screenwriter, considered one of the Italian cinema's great imaginative realists of the 1960s.
- Antonio Fontán: Spanish journalist and politician (d. 2010).
- Eugene Patterson: American journalist and activist (d. 2013).
- New York Yankees' first World Series win beating New York Giants, 4 games to two (World Series #20).
- Fifth tropical storm of the year, formed north of the Leeward Islands.
- The sixth tropical storm developed in the Gulf of Mexico. It was a rare occurrence, it consisted of four active tropical storms simultaneously.
- Roy and Walt Disney found The Walt Disney Company.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Love Tales - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?