Saturday 13 October 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Inger Jacobsen and Servaas "Faas" Wilkes.
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1923 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Servaas "Faas" Wilkes: Dutch soccer star (Xerxes / Fortuna / Inter Milan).
- Inger Jacobsen: Norwegian singer and actress.
- John Champion: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1994).
- Cyril Shaps: English actor (Born 1923).
- Rosemary Sisson: English author and playwright.
- Faas Wilkes: Dutch international footballer (Born 1923).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Love Tales - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?