Saturday 13 October 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Servaas "Faas" Wilkes and Inger Jacobsen.
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1923 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Servaas "Faas" Wilkes: Dutch soccer star (Xerxes / Fortuna / Inter Milan).
- Inger Jacobsen: Norwegian singer and actress.
- John Champion: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1994).
- Cyril Shaps: English actor (Born 1923).
- Rosemary Sisson: English author and playwright.
- Faas Wilkes: Dutch international footballer (Born 1923)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Love Tales - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?