Tuesday 16 October 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Darnell and Bert Kaempfert.
Dance or Die, directed by Ronald W. Munchkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1923 ?
- Linda Darnell: American glamorous actress, the daughter of a postal clerk and an ambitious stage mom who groomed her for show biz from the time she was five.
- Bert Kaempfert: German orchestra leader and songwriter (d. 1980).
- Italo Calvino: Journalist.
- Bill McLaren: Bill McLaren was a Scottish rugby union commentator, teacher, journalist and one time rugby union player.
- Disney Co founded
- John Harwood patents self-winding watch (Switzerland)
- Walt and Roy Disney, as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, sign a contract with M.J. Winkler Productions, a New York film distributor, to produce six Alice Comedy short films, for US$1500 each, with an option for six more.
- The Walt Disney Company is founded by Walt Disney and his brother, Roy Disney.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- T'ain't Nobody's Biz-Ness if I Do - Bessie Smith
- Dirty Hands! Dirty Face! - Marion Harris