Thursday 25 October 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Achille Silvestrini and Don Banks.
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1923 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Achille Silvestrini: Italian ecclesiastic, the foreign minister for the Vatican.
- Don Banks: Australian composer and educator (d. 1980).
- Jean Duceppe: Canadian actor (d. 1990).
- Beate Gordon: Austrian-American director and producer (d. 2012).
- Bobby Thomson: Scotland born American baseball player (d. 2010).
- Senate committee publishes 1st report on Teapot Dome scandal
- The ''putsch'' in Hamburg ends in failure.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dirty Hands! Dirty Face! - Marion Harris
- T'ain't Nobody's Biz-Ness if I Do - Bessie Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?