Thursday 4 October 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charlton Heston and Roger Lerda.
The Spanish Dancer, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1923 ?
- Charlton Heston: American actor with a commanding physical presence and a legacy that includes over 100 films, several books, and leadership roles in the Screen Actors’ Guild and the National Rifle Association.
- Roger Lerda: French trade unionist, who served from 1969 to 1989 as the secretary of the General Confederation of Labor - Workers' Force (French: Confédération Générale du Travail - Force Ouvrière, or simply Force Ouvrière, FO), one of the five major union federations in France.
- Marion LeBaron: American nurse and astrologer.
- Young Stribling held light-heavyweight boxing championship for the shortest amount of time (3 hours). Referee overturns the decision.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 October 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Old Gang of Mine - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- Indiana Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- I Cried for You - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?