Tuesday 23 October 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Sutton in Clarksville and Ned Rorem in Richmond.
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1923 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Frank Sutton in Clarksville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Sgt Carter - Gomer Pyle USMC).
- Ned Rorem in Richmond: Indiana, USA; composer/author (Sky Music).
- Robert Mardian: American attorney and government appointee, an assistant attorney general under John Mitchell in the Nixon administration.
- Putsch 1923: Russian putsch try with the intention of forcing the Communist Party of Germany overtaking the power.
- Ned Rorem: American composer of art song, writer and music teacher.
- Bruno Castets: St Cyr l'Ecole physician
- Aslam Farrukhi: Indian-Pakistani linguist author and scholar
- Frank Sutton: American actor (Born 1923)
- Babe Ruth makes a postseason exhibition appearance in a Giants uniform
- Giants defeat Baltimore Orioles 9-0 to benefit former Giants owner John Day
- In Germany, the Communists attempt a ''putsch'' in Hamburg. Street fighting in Hamburg for the next two days.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dirty Hands! Dirty Face! - Marion Harris
- T'ain't Nobody's Biz-Ness if I Do - Bessie Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?