Saturday 11 February 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alec Cairncross and Alexander Cairncross.
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1911 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Alec Cairncross: chancellor (Glasgow University).
- Alexander Cairncross: Sir Alexander Cairncross was a Scottish economist.
- Albert von Rothschild: baron/Austrian banker, dies at age 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mother Machree - Will Oakland
- Stop, Stop, Stop (Come Over and Love Me Some More) - Elida Morris
- I Love It! - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?