Tuesday 14 February 1911, Valentine's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Rice and Willem J Kolff.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1911 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Florence Rice: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actress (Double Wedding, Riding on Air).
- Willem J Kolff: Dutch / US internist / inventor (Artificial Kidney).
- Willem Kolff: Dutch-American physician and inventor, a pioneer of hemodialysis and the development of artificial organs.
- Maus Gatsonides: Dutch rally driver and inventor (d. 1998).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alma - Harry Anthony & Inez Barbour
- Winter - Lyric Quartet