Tuesday 14 February 1911, Valentine's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Rice and Willem J Kolff.
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1911 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Florence Rice: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actress (Double Wedding, Riding on Air).
- Willem J Kolff: Dutch / US internist / inventor (Artificial Kidney).
- Willem Kolff: Dutch-American physician and inventor, a pioneer of hemodialysis and the development of artificial organs.
- Maus Gatsonides: Dutch rally driver and inventor (d. 1998).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mother Machree - Will Oakland
- Stop, Stop, Stop (Come Over and Love Me Some More) - Elida Morris
- I Love It! - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?