Wednesday 8 February 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Aitken [nee Hopkins] and Elizabeth Bishop.
In the Hands of Impostors, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1911 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Anne Aitken [nee Hopkins]: Chicago, Illinois -- Co-found (Diamond Sangha).
- Elizabeth Bishop: Poetess (North & South, Pulitzer 1956), dies at 68.
- Henri Knap: Dutch writer and journalist, author of a column for the social pages in the "Amsterdam Diary.
- Sylvain Marcaillou: France sport Champion.
- US helps overthrow President Miguel D�vila of Honduras.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Under the Yum Yum Tree - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- La Boheme - Mi Chiamano Mimi (My Name is Mimi) - Nellie Melba
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?