Wednesday 8 February 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Knap and Elizabeth Bishop.
The Borrowed Flat, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1911 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Henri Knap: Dutch writer and journalist, author of a column for the social pages in the "Amsterdam Diary.
- Elizabeth Bishop: Poetess (North & South, Pulitzer 1956), dies at 68.
- Anne Aitken [nee Hopkins]: Chicago, Illinois -- Co-found (Diamond Sangha).
- Sylvain Marcaillou: France sport Champion.
- US helps overthrow President Miguel D�vila of Honduras.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mother Machree - Will Oakland
- I Love It! - Arthur Collins
- Stop, Stop, Stop (Come Over and Love Me Some More) - Elida Morris