Tuesday 11 February 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sérgio Mendes and Glenn Randall Jr.
The Strawberry Blonde, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 February 1941 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Sérgio Mendes: Brazilian pianist and composer.
- Glenn Randall Jr: Stuntman (Species, Mrs Soffel, Return of the Jedi).
- Jeremy Mackenzie: General.
- Sammy Ellis: American baseball player, a right-throwing/left-hitting pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds, California Angels, and Chicago White Sox between 1962 and 1969.
- Rudolf Hilferding: German economist/Minister of Finance (SPD), suicide at age 63.
- 1st Gold record presented (Glenn Miller-Chattanooga Choo Choo)
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel arrives in Tripoli
- Sicherheitsdienst complains about Dutch anti-German sentiments.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?