Tuesday 11 February 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 11, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sérgio Mendes and Glenn Randall Jr.
The Lady Eve, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 February 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1941 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Sérgio Mendes: Brazilian pianist and composer.
- Sonny Landham: Actor.
- Glenn Randall Jr: Stuntman (Species, Mrs Soffel, Return of the Jedi).
- Jeremy Mackenzie: General.
- Sammy Ellis: American baseball player, a right-throwing/left-hitting pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds, California Angels, and Chicago White Sox between 1962 and 1969.
- Rudolf Hilferding: German economist/Minister of Finance (SPD), suicide at age 63.
- 1st Gold record presented (Glenn Miller-Chattanooga Choo Choo)
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel arrives in Tripoli
- Sicherheitsdienst complains about Dutch anti-German sentiments.