Wednesday 11 January 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morvan Lebesque and Zenko Suzuki.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1911 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Morvan Lebesque
- Zenko Suzuki: Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2004).
- Harald Steen: Norwegian film actor.
- Roy Hughes: American athlete and pro baseball player, he made his major league debut on April 16, 1935 with the Cleveland Indians.
- Nora Heysen: Australian painter (d. 2003).
- Zenkō Suzuki: Japanese politician 70th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2004).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?