Sunday 26 February 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josef Smrkovsky and Taro Okamoto.
The Mystery of a Hansom Cab, directed by W.J. Lincoln, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1911 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Josef Smrkovsky: Czechoslovakia Member of Parliament chairman.
- Taro Okamoto: Japanese avant-garde artist (d. 1996).
- Camille Blanc: French politician, mayor of Evian-les-Bains, where he died on 31 March 1961.
- Laura Nucci: Italy Actor.
- Tarō Okamoto: Japanese painter and sculptor (d. 1996).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I've Got Your Number - Elida Morris & Walter Van Brunt
- Gems from The Merry Widow - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Silver Bell - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Silver Bell - That Girl Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?