Sunday 26 February 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taro Okamoto and Josef Smrkovsky.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 February 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1911 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Josef Smrkovsky: Czechoslovakia Member of Parliament chairman.
- Taro Okamoto: Japanese avant-garde artist (d. 1996).
- Camille Blanc: French politician, mayor of Evian-les-Bains, where he died on 31 March 1961.
- Laura Nucci: Italy Actor.
- Tarō Okamoto: Japanese painter and sculptor (d. 1996).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Silver Bell - That Girl Quartet
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Silver Bell
- Gems from The Merry Widow - Victor Light Opera Co.
- I've Got Your Number - Elida Morris & Walter Van Brunt