Sunday 11 March 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Koledzicom po svijetu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bartender DS or Build-a-lot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 March 2007 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 March
- Betty Hutton: Battle Creek, Michigan -- Actress (Greatest Show on Earth).
- Russian helicopters reportedly attack the Kodori Valley in Abkhazia, an accusation that Russia categorically denies later.
- Leading opponents of Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe, including Morgan Tsvangirai, leader of the Movement for Democratic Change, and four other members of parliament and party activists, are arrested for defying a ban on protest rallies in Harare. Riot police shoot one activist dead. (BBC)
- The President of France Jacques Chirac announces that he will not be seeking a third term. (BBC)
- Voters in Russia go to the polls in elections in 14 regions including Saint Petersburg. The elections have been widely criticised by the Opposition. (AP via IHT)
- The Ariane 5 rocket carrying the new generation Skynet 5 military satellite system is launched successfully from Kourou in French Guiana at 22:03 GMT. (BBC)
- Mauritanian voters go to the polls to elect a new President to replace Colonel Ely Ould Mohamed Vall who took power in a coup d'état two years ago. It is likely that a runoff election will be held as there is no clear frontrunner. (BBC)
- The ninth Cricket World Cup opens in Trelawny Stadium, Montego Bay, Jamaica. The 2007 championship will feature cricket matches staged in various locations across the Caribbean. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Break It Off - Rihanna
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 March 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Parma : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Messina : 1 - 1
- Empoli - Livorno : 2 - 2
- Inter - Milan : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Anderlecht : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Werder Bremen : 1 - 1
- Hamburg - Leverkusen : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- CZ Jena - Karlsruhe : 1 - 3
- Duisburg - Greuther Furth : 0 - 2
- FC Koln - Unterhaching : 4 - 1
- Offenbach - Hansa Rostock : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?