Sunday 29 April 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Salvatore and Irvin Kershner in Philadelphia.
The Noon Whistle, directed by George Jeske, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1923 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Anna Salvatore: Italian painter, acclaimed.
- Irvin Kershner in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; director (Never Say Never Again).
- Maxine Audley: London, England -- Actress (Peeping Tom, Ricochet, House of Cards).
- Irvin Kershner: American actor director and producer (d. 2010).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some of These Days - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- You've Got to See Mama Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mama at All) - Dolly Kay
- Lady of the Evening - John Steel