Sunday 29 April 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Irvin Kershner in Philadelphia and Maxine Audley.
Drakula halála, directed by Kroly Lajthay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1923 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Irvin Kershner in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; director (Never Say Never Again).
- Maxine Audley: London, England -- Actress (Peeping Tom, Ricochet, House of Cards).
- Anna Salvatore: Italian painter, acclaimed.
- Irvin Kershner: American actor director and producer (d. 2010).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lady of the Evening - John Steel
- Some of These Days - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- You've Got to See Mama Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mama at All) - Dolly Kay
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?