Monday 11 June 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 11, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Montana and Ray Nagin.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Safari, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Scrolls From The Dead Sea by Edmund Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Opportunity Knocks.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1956 ?
- Joe Montana: American football quarterback who led the San Francisco '49ers to a Super Bowl XIX championship on 1/20/1985.
- Ray Nagin: Politician.
- Steven A Cohen: American hedge fund manager.
- Arthur Porter: Canadian physician and academic (d. 2015).
- Simon Plouffe: Canadian mathematician and academic.
- Start of Gal Oya riots, the first reported ethnic riots that target minority Sri Lankan Tamils in the Eastern Province. The total number of deaths is reportedly 150.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?