Sunday 13 June 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lauri Marie Gapp and Broderick nonuplets in Sydney.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Want Ads by The Honey Cone.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Death in Venice, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1971 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Lauri Marie Gapp: Miss USA-North Dakota (1997).
- Broderick nonuplets in Sydney: Australia (7 of 9 survive infancy).
- Shannon Fill: American actress and figure skater.
- Nóra Köves: Hungarian tennis player.
- David Mendenhall: Actor (Over the Top, Space Raiders, Witchfire).
- 17th LPGA Championship won by Kathy Whitworth
- New York Times begins publishing "The Pentagon Papers".
- Vietnam War: The New York Times begins publication of the Pentagon Papers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?