Tuesday June 29, 1971
US date format: 6/29/1971, UK date format: 29/6/1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 29, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pavel Liska and Mike Sillinger.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 29, 1971?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and Keith Richards sentenced on drug offense
- Soyuz 11 docks with Salyut 1 for 22 days.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 29, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love - Pt. 1
- Aretha Franklin - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
- The 8th Day - She's Not Just Another Woman
- Freda Payne - Bring The Boys Home
- James Brown - Escape-ism (Part 1)
- Isaac Hayes - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Stylistics - Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 29If June 29, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 2 months, 30 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 1 day.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 29, 1971?
On June 29, 1971 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is June 29, 1971?
On June 29, 1971 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on June 29, 1971?
On June 29, 1971 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 29, 1971?
On June 29, 1971 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on June 29, 1971?
On June 29, 1971 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 29, 1971?
On June 29, 1971 several famous people were born including, Pavel Liska, Wendee Espinosa, Mike Sillinger.
Which famous people died on June 29, 1971?
Famous people died on June 29, 1971 include, Vladimir Volkov, Viktor Patsayev.
What was the number one song in June 29, 1971?
The number one song in the week of June 29, 1971 was It's Too Late by Carole King in US and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road in UK.
What were the top hits on June 29, 1971?
The top hits on June 29, 1971 were It's Too Late by Carole King, Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian) by The Raiders, Treat Her Like A Lady by Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose in US and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road, Co-Co by The Sweet, Don't Let It Die by Hurricane Smith in UK.