Monday 14 June 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Baxter and Bruce Bowen.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Death in Venice, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1971 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Fred Baxter: NFL tight end (NY Jets).
- Bruce Bowen: American basketball player, a forward for the Miami Heat.
- Ramon Vega: Swiss footballer.
- Norway begins oil production in the North Sea.
- Representatives of Japan and the United States sign the Okinawa Reversion Agreement, whereby the U.S. will return control of Okinawa. www.niraikanai.wwma.net
- President Richard Nixon declares the U.S. War on Drugs.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 June 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?