Monday June 14, 1971
US date format: 6/14/1971, UK date format: 14/6/1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 14, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Bowen and Ramon Vega.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
McCabe & Mrs. Miller, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 14, 1971?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- See more
- Norway begins oil production in the North Sea.
- Representatives of Japan and the United States sign the Okinawa Reversion Agreement, whereby the U.S. will return control of Okinawa. www.niraikanai.wwma.net
- President Richard Nixon declares the U.S. War on Drugs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 14, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love - Pt. 1
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Isaac Hayes - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The 8th Day - She's Not Just Another Woman
- The Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau-Part I
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
- The Supremes - Nathan Jones
- The Ebonys - You're The Reason Why
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 14If June 14, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 3 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 22 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?