Friday 11 June 1943US date format: 6/11/1943, UK date format: 11/6/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 11, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Dartigues and Jeff Greenfield.
Song of Texas, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1943 ?
- Jeff Greenfield: Journalist.
- Bernard Dartigues: French filmmaker.
- Annabella Incontrera: Italian film and television actress, sometimes credited as Pam Stevenson.
- John McCoy: American executive and CEO of Bank One, a financial company that specializes in automated banking services.
- Henry Hill: American mobster (d. 2012).
- Ray Warren: Australian sportscaster.
- Sam[uel] de Vries: Actor (Boefje, In Sobibor), dies at 50.
- British invades Pantelleria (tiny island south of Sicily)
- Heinrich Himmler orders liquidation of Polish ghettos