Sunday 11 April 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include E J Dommering and Earl of.
Edge of Darkness, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1943 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- E J Dommering: Dutch lawyer.
- Earl of: Sandwich.
- Elmer R Wilsoe: Island Mayor (Curacao).
- Gérard Vié: French chef, two Michelin stars.
- Robert White: American politician, Pete Wilson's Chief of Staff, a top aide since 1968 when Wilson won election to State Assembly.
- Paul Biemouret:
- John Montagu: 11th Earl of Sandwich English businessman and politician
- Harley Race: American professional wrestler
- Frank Piasecki, Vertol founder, flies his first (single-rotor) craft.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 April 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?