Friday 11 November 1904, Veteran's DayUS date format: 11/11/1904, UK date format: 11/11/1904
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alger Hiss and Christian Mégret.
An Interesting Story, directed by James Williamson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1904!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1904 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Alger Hiss: American government official and alleged spy (Born 1904).
- J H C Whitehead: British mathematician (d. 1960).
- Christian Mégret: French novelist, journalist, public official in togo.
- Christian Megret: France Writer.
- Andrzej Bogucki: Polish singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1978).
- J Whitehead: Indian-American mathematician and academic (d. 1960).