Thursday 24 November 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François-Marie Poirier and Albert Tilley.
while The Crossing by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1904!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1904 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- François-Marie Poirier: French Catholic clergyman, who was Archbishop Emeritus of Port-au-Prince and Titular Archbishop of Lemnus.
- Albert Tilley: Canadian captain and surgeon (d. 1988).
- The first successful caterpillar track is made (it later revolutionizes construction vehicles and land warfare).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet Adeline (You're the Flower of My Heart) - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Egypt (My Cleopatra) - Harry Tally
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?